Saturday, October 14, 2006

Air Force Memorial Dedication




This is a great day for the United States Air Force--it is dedication day for the Air Force Memorial in Washington, DC. As a former Air Force enlistee, it brings a great feeling of pride to me. Granted, my personal trials caused some problems for me, but if I could enlist and go through six years all over again, I would. Having been a member of the US Air Force means very much to me.


The Memorial consists of an eight-foot high sculpture, depicting a four figure "Honor Guard," and a 279 foot high triple spire, depicting the famed "Bomb Burst" maneuver of the USAF Thunderbirds Aerial Demonstration Team. The three spires each represent the three aspects of the Air Force creed, "Service, Integrity, and Excellence."
It is a beautiful Memorial, for those who served and gave their lives in conflicts around the world.

No comments: